The geographical position of Dărmăneşti, crossed by the national road DN12A, the county road DJ123 and railroad includes it in the transit-tourism circuit consisting of a depression area surrounded by hills, and dominated, on the western side, by a mountain area. The north mountain area of Uz River Valley appears as short and full of massive peaks.
Within the tourism-offer in Dărmăneşti, we can mention:
- Poiana Uzului Lake, with a motel and private agro-tourist pensions around the lake;
- Uz Dam, an embedded dam of “contra fort weight in shape of a mushroom” – 84 metres tall, 3.8 kilometres long (on the lake surface), 334 hectares, volume of 98 million cubic meters of water, 64.7 metres maximum depth. It supplies the needs of drinking water for all cities around Trotuş River and represents the reserve of water for Bacău county;
- Youth Camps from Ştirbei Palace, Sălătruc and Uz River Valley;
- Cottages and hunting camps;
- Bălătău Natural Lake;
- Touristic tracks towards Nemira Mountain (1648 m) and Ciuc Mountain;
- “St. Nicholas” Church – Boiştea, is one of the oldest churches in Bacău County. This establishment was declared monument of folk architecture. The church keeps a collection of icons from the nineteenth century and a triptych memorial from 1807 which actually represents the birth act of the church.
- The Ethnographic Museum in the "St. Ap. Peter and Paul" churchyard;
- Ştirbei Family Palace;
- Winter local traditions, unique in their beauty
In the vicinity of Dărmăneşti we spot the following tourist attractions:
- Târgu Ocna Salt Mine - located about 15 km from the centre of Dărmăneşti towards Oneşti city;
- Slănic Moldova Resort – located about 30 km of Dărmăneşti
- Comăneşti Ethnographic Museum - located about 5 km of Dărmăneşti
The old summer residence of Ghika Family-Comăneşti was built in 1890 and bears the signature of architect Albert Galleron (who designed the Romanian Athenaeum). The palace is built on two levels belonging the eclecticism times that dominated the spirit of Western Europe at the end of the nineteenth century. The palace is situated in a beautiful park and, as shown in Racovita Ortensia’s "Geographical Dictionary of Bacău County" in 1895, is "40 jaws" in area, and is “one of the largest and most beautiful gardens in the country". It contained "two orangeries and a flower-house filled with exotic plants of the rarest" and there were also "waterfalls, fountains, a large lake and several canals that one could wander by boat, islands with pavilions and gazebos...” The park and the palace were the residence of the family until 1946, after which it received numerous uses that have led to its degradation. In 1979 it was restored and landscaping was done. The palace functions as "Dimitrie N. Ghika – Comăneşti" Museum of Ethnography and Art. It exhibits ethnographic pieces from micro mountain area of Trotuş River (Palanca – Dofteana) and Romanian contemporary paintings from the heritage of Museum of Art in Bacău.
- DADA Monument in Moineşti city.